Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2012

How to Activate Loop GPRS/WAP

Recently I had bought a loop prepaid SIM card. The main reason for this was that, there was this 'Dus Ka Gang' offer going on. In it for upto 5 friends in your friends circle, you can call them for only 10p/min. When I went through its features, I found out that I had free WAP services till the 31st of October. Cool. I thought, why not use it then? So I called up the Loop Customer service, for the GPRS settings. They said something, but being the guy that I am, I didn't listen to them!

I heard something about going to their website, to take their settings. So I went there and entered the GPRS settings for my 6233 mobile. However it didn't work. :(

After days of trying I finally figured out, what I was doing wrong. Instead of GPRS, enter the WAP settings. Then the WAP on your phone should work. The issue is that Loop mobile doesn't provide free GPRS but free WAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment